- Application period closed.
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals program offers two months of intensive German language training in Germany (no prior German language knowledge required), four months of classroom instruction at a German university or college of applied sciences, and a five-month internship in each participant’s career field.
Program Length1 year
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) for Young Professionals must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and:
- Aged 18-24 at the start of the program;
- Earned a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Completed general coursework in target internship field at a community college, college, or university;
- Possess some relevant work experience in target internship field;
- Proficient in the German language (preferred but not required); and
- Have clear career goals, good communication skills, and exhibit flexibility and diplomacy.
Visit the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals website for application details.