TechGirls is an international summer exchange program designed to empower and inspire young girls from the Middle East and North Africa to pursue careers in science and technology.
The centerpiece of the program is a weeklong technology camp that provides participants with an in-depth examination of technology-related topics, such as Java programming and mobile application development, and engages them in 45+ hours of hands-on instruction. The camp is complemented by additional activities such as site visits to technology companies, leadership clinics, community service opportunities, job shadowing, and cultural events. As part of program follow-on, the TechGirls implement at least one peer training program or service project within their schools and/or communities.
Program Length3 weeks
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
- are from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia;
- are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange;
- have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology;
- have strong English language skills;
- exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country; and
- are committed to completing a follow-on project upon their return home
To apply visit Legacy International's TechGirls website.