The Tunisia Community College Scholarship Program (TCCSP), part of the Department of State’s Thomas Jefferson Scholarships, offers full, one-year scholarships for young Tunisians studying at technical schools (ISETs) in Tunisia. The program provides participants with a deeper understanding of American culture and new globally applicable skills and expertise to help them contribute to the economic growth and development of their country.
Program participants pursue non-degree study at accredited U.S. community colleges in fields directly related to future growth sectors of Tunisia’s economy: agriculture, applied engineering, business management and administration, early childhood education, information technology, media, and tourism and hospitality.
Program LengthOne academic year (9-10 months)
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
Qualifed applicants must be:
- A citizen, national or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport issued by the country of Tunisia
- Currently residing in Tunisia
- Currently a full-time student at a technical school (ISET) in Tunisia and is in good academic standing
- Able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa
- Committed to returning to Tunisia after the program
- Proficient in written and spoken English at the time of application
- At least 18 years old by the time the program begins
Application period closed. Visit IREX for more information.