The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals program offers two months of intensive German language training in Germany (no prior German language knowledge required), four months of classroom instruction at a German university or college of applied sciences, and a five-month internship in each participant’s career field.
Program Length1 year
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
All applicants must:
- Be a U.S. Citizen at the time of application;
- Be between the ages of 18-24 at the start of the program;
- Hold a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Have completed general coursework in target internship field at a community college, college, or university;
- Possess some relevant work experience in target internship field;
- Demonstrate interest in Germany and the German language; and
- Have clear career goals, good communication skills, and exhibit flexibility and diplomacy.
Visit the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals website for application details.