- The 2016-2017 Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program application is now closed. Click here to be notified when the 2017-2018 application is available.
The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program sends select U.S. primary and secondary school teachers abroad for three to six months. Teachers pursue individual projects, conduct research, take courses for professional development and lead master classes or seminars for teachers and students. Additional information is available at FulbrightTeacherExchange.org.
Program Length3-6 months
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
All applicants must be:
- A U.S. citizen;
- Employed full-time at an accredited K-12 school;
- A holder of a Master’s degree or be enrolled in a Master’s program at the time the grant begins;
- A teacher with a minimum of five years full-time teaching experience;
- Able to demonstrate experience conducting and leading professional development activities;
- Able to meet current J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB) eligibility requirements regarding previous grants.