So, your child wants to join a State Department exchange program?
The U.S. Department of State understands that parents have a number of questions and concerns about their student studying in the U.S. Here you will find answers to commonly asked questions and learn about the benefits of international exchange.
What are the benefits of participating in a State Department exchange program?
Whether your child is in secondary school or university, an international exchange program through the State Department will be an enriching experience. Opportunities to gain confidence and learn new language and leadership skills are just some of the benefits of an exchange.
- What important documentation does my child need to visit the U.S.?
- What is culture shock and how can I help my child overcome it?
- How can I communicate with my child while he or she is in the U.S.?
- How will my child access money while he or she is in the U.S.?
- How can my child stay safe abroad?
- What is Form DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility)?
- How long does it take to obtain a J-1 Visa?
- What should my child pack for his/ her trip?