The Tunisia Undergraduate Scholarship Program (Tunisia UGRAD), part of the Department of State’s Thomas Jefferson Scholarship Program, offers full scholarships to outstanding students from underrepresented sectors and parts of Tunisia for one academic year of non-degree undergraduate study in the United States at accredited four-year institutions. The program provides participants with a deeper understanding of American culture and new globally-applicable skills and expertise to help them contribute to the economic growth and development of Tunisia.
Program LengthOne academic year (9-10 months)
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
Qualified applicants must be:
- A citizen, national, or permanent resident qualified to hold a valid passport issued by the country of Tunisia
- Currently residing in Tunisia
- Currently enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student in good academic standing at the time of application at a registered academic institution in Tunisia
- Able to receive and maintain a J-1 visa
- Committed to returning to Tunisia after completion of the program
- Proficient in written and spoken English at the time of application
- At least 18 years old by the time the program begins
For more information on technical eligibility and application instructions, click here.