What’s Right for Me?

Program Criteria

How much training do I need to have?

You can find programs under the English for All banner that are a fit for just about any educational background. In fact, you don’t always need to have a degree in English language teaching. Here are the minimum requirements:

  • Peace Corps Volunteer:  Varies, but 90% of projects require a bachelor’s degree
  • Fulbright English Teaching Assistant: Bachelor’s degree (Ph.D. holders ineligible)
  • Peace Corps Response Volunteer: Varies (typically for seasoned professionals)
  • English Language Fellow: Master’s degree in TESOL or a related field
  • English Language Specialist: Master’s degree in TESOL or a related field

How much experience do I need to have?

  • Peace Corps Volunteer:  Any experience that aligns with the skills for specific projects
  • Fulbright English Teaching Assistant: Varies by country; previous teaching experience and/or host country language proficiency may be recommended or required
  • Peace Corps Response Volunteer:  Former Peace Corps service and some professional experience
  • English Language Fellow: Some English teaching experience
  • English Language Specialist: Extensive experience in one or more project-specific TESOL-related fields

How long are the projects?

  • Peace Corps Volunteer:  27 months
  • Fulbright English Teaching Assistant:  Six months to one year (9 month average)
  • Peace Corps Response Volunteer:  Three to 12 months (10 month average)
  • English Language Fellow: One academic year
  • English Language Specialist: Two weeks to five months


Search our Exchange Programs

Full Program Search