The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program sends select U.S. primary and secondary school teachers abroad for three to six months. Teachers pursue individual projects, conduct research, take courses for professional development and share their expertise with local teachers and students.
- The 2017-2018 Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program application is now available.
- Visit the FulbrightTeachExchange.org for more information.
Program Length3-6 months
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
All applicants must be:
- A U.S. citizen;
- Employed full-time at an accredited K-12 school;
- A holder of a Master’s degree or be enrolled in a Master’s program at the time the grant begins;
- A teacher with a minimum of five years full-time teaching experience;
- Able to demonstrate experience conducting and leading professional development activities;
- Able to meet current J. William Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB) eligibility requirements regarding previous grants.