The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Research Program sends select U.S. primary and secondary school teachers abroad for three to six months. Teachers pursue individual projects, conduct research, take courses for professional development and share their expertise with local teachers and students. The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Short-Term Program sends expert U.S. teachers to support projects identified by U.S. Embassies and Fulbright Commissions in schools, teacher training colleges, government ministries, and educational NGOs.
- Please visit the Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Research Program or the Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Short-Term Program websites for more information.
- U.S. Teachers may also be interested in the Fulbright Teachers for Global Classrooms program.
Program Length2-6 weeks (short term program) 3-6 months (semester research program)
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
All applicants must be:
- A U.S. citizen;
- Employed full-time at an accredited K-12 school;
- A holder of a Master’s degree or be enrolled in a Master’s program at the time the grant begins;
- Able to demonstrate experience conducting and leading professional development activities;
- • Able to meet current Fulbright Foreign Scholarship Board (FSB) eligibility requirements.
- Teachers with 5+ years full-time experience teaching experience preferred.