Fulbright U.S. Student Program

Eligibility & Application

Program Eligibility Details

Applicants to the Fulbright U.S. Student program cannot be:

  • a U.S. Department of State employee
  • an immediate family member of a U.S. Department of State employee
  • an employee of an agency under contract to the U.S. Department of State to perform services related to exchange programs

For additional eligibility information visit: Fulbright U.S. Student Program website

Program Application Details

All participants must have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent by the start of their grant. Students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program at a U.S. college or university must apply through the Fulbright Program Adviser (FPA) on campus, whose deadline may be earlier. Prospective applicants who are not enrolled students may apply at-large or through their alma mater's FPA.

Visit the Fulbright U.S. Student Program website for complete application, eligibility and program details.

Recently Viewed Programs


Search our Exchange Programs

Full Program Search

Economic Impact in U.S.A.

state map

Find out the impact of ECA exchange programs and initiatives in each U.S. state.

Learn more