English teachers will teach English as a foreign language to students in their countries of service, based on a particular program/job opening.
Peace Corps Response provides short-term, high-impact service assignments in communities around the world.
This program is part of the English For All initiative.
Program Length3-12 Months
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Degree in English Education, Education Management, or related field
- International or inter-cultural experience
- Experience in teaching English
- Experience in designing English language curricula
- Knowledge of modern teaching methodologies in English
- Experience managing educational programs
The application process is approximately four to six months.
Prospective participants should:
- Create a profile and fill out the online application.
- Apply for specific position(s).
- If selected to interview, talk to a Peace Corps Response recruiter about your skills and interests. Candidates are invited based on a full review of their application, an interview, reference checks, and their medical and legal eligibility to serve in the country for which they have applied.
- If chosen, receive and respond to invitation to serve.
- Embark on Peace Corps Response service assignment.