Mentor Opportunities Available
Apply to be a TechWomen Mentor! Deadline July 1, 2016
TechWomen empowers the next generation of women leaders in the technology field by bringing together women in Northern California with their counterparts in the Middle East, Central Asia, North Africa, and sub-Saharan Africa for a professional mentorship and exchange program at leading technology companies.
The TechWomen initiative identifies emerging leaders with expertise in technology to attend a five-week program that includes project-based mentorships at leading companies in Silicon Valley and the San Francisco Bay Area. The women also attend workshops, networking events, a conference, and meetings in Washington, D.C.
Participants are women in professional careers that require significant knowledge of, and skill in technology. “Technology” should be interpreted broadly to include – but not be limited to – the fields of science, education, and business.
Learn more on the TechWomen website.
Program Length5 weeks
Eligibility and Application OverviewPublic applications are accepted.
For TechWomen Mentor eligibility, visit the TechWomen website.
A TechWomen applicant must:
- Be women with a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math) and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge/application of technology
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity
- Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen, or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
- Be able to obtain a U.S. visa
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- Have demonstrated themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Have a record of voluntary or public service in their communities
- Have demonstrated entrepreneurialism and commitment to innovation
An applicant must be from one of the listed countries in order to be eligible for this program.
Tel:1-415-362-6520 ext. 257